Monday, September 28, 2009

Boo Club is done!

Yes, it took another week of stitching this and nothing else, and Lizzie Kate's Boo Club series is all done! I am going to make it into a door banner once I find the perfect fabric to frame and back it. Why wait to show it off though? ;-) If you click on the picture you can see a close up view.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Lizzie Kate-Boo Club!

I got started on my Halloween stitching last week, and since I reached the half-way point on Lizzie Kate's Boo Club series I thought I'd share a picture! The fabric is 32ct jobelan-Silkweaver's Days Gone By. It has been fun to stitch! Hopefully it will be done in another week.

It's about time to start stitching gifts for Christmas....hmmmm, what to do first? Watch here!

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

All caught up on Castles...Pt.5 added!

I finished adding part 5 to Papillon's Castles in the Air, which catches me up to the present. Here is a close-up of pts. 4 and 5...if you click on it, you will be able to see it better. I wasn't sure about the green plants across the top, so I hope they were stitched correctly!

As a reward, I got a new start...Lizzie Kate's Boo Club Double Flip stack! Needed something smaller (at least at the start) to carry around. Plus, DD is preparing to take her test to get her Learner's Permit (for driving) and we had to round up all the *official documents* to prove her existance....lots of hoops to jump through now a'days! I needed a stress reduction reward!
I think I'll be adding to the stash again soon too, as I've seen some goodies that are due out soon....just what the mom of a 15 year old needs!

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Floral Biscornu for September

I finished my 9th biscornu of the year on 09/09/09!
The designs came from a DMC leaflet, Cross Stitch with Rayon Floss, c1999, by Alice Okon. On the left is the Monogramed Medallion, and the right is the Blue Medallion.
I came across the little leaflet in my stash organization, and thought the two designs would make a nice biscornu together. The fabric is 22ct white hardanger, and I used cotton DMC floss rather than rayon. Added a cord so it could be hung or used as a scissor fob.

Friday, September 4, 2009

Castles in the Air progress report!

I have finished part 4 (the peacocks!) on Papillon's Castles in the Air favorite part so far! I am doing the specialty stitch version, and the fabric is Silkweaver's Morning Mist 32ct opalescent lugana. Trying to decide if I should move on to part 5 or start my monthly biscornu....hmmmm.....

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

August Recap, September Goals!

August Recap
~Castles in the Air, Pt.4 Almost done, but for the 2nd peacock!
~Alla Turca, last parts 8 & 9 All Done!
~Holland Landscapes, Pt. 8 Ran out of time....
New Starts...
~Cheetah Biscornu Done!
~Halloween project Postponed a month...

*Did get my home office painted this month, and DH and DBIL laid hardwood laminate too!

September Goals
~Castles in the Air, finish pt.4 (Done!) and pt. 5 (Done!)as well!
~Holland Landscapes, Pt. 8 Postponed again...

New Starts...
~Floral Biscornu... Done!
~Lizzie Kate's Boo Club Done!
~Mill Hill's Midnight Magic Started...
~2009 Schooler Santa (Hockey Santa!) Will start Opening Day-Oct.2nd!