Friday, June 26, 2009

Kiwi Tote Bag

I finished this tote bag a couple of weeks ago, and now that my DD, the birthday girl, has turned 15 I can finally post a picture! The tote bag came from CharlesCraft, and the pattern is from a website called CraftWeb NZ, under the Assisi heading, and called the Kiwi Pin Cushion. (We have Kiwi relatives, and DD loves kiwi birds!) I stitched said Kiwi four times with four different varigated flosses, using color theory principles (warm/cool, primary/secondary, complementary colors). DD picked up on that right away, being the art student she is! Oh, and she got a cool new camera too, and started practicing on the cats right away. Hard to believe my little girl is growing up! Fast!

This week I've been working on part 3 of Papillon's Castles in the Air and hope to post a new pic soon!

7 comments:

  1. Love the kiwis! Looking forward to seeing you'll tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is beautiful! Did you stitch in the diagonal direction to get the varigation to work that way? I really like the totes you've completed lately...think I might have to do one for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep Christine, stitched around each block, then started on the diagonal in the inner corners until I got to the kiwi outline, did the outline and then finished the diagonal stitches. I used my printer to flip the pattern for the two that are reversed as well.
    Thanks for the nice comments! (see you soon too Carolyn!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a lovely bag! Congrats on a lovely finish, and your DD is super lucky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Kiwi bag great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely bag, your daughter must be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love it! You done a beautiful job on that bag!


    Cindy Mae
    My store opens July 1st!!
    www.cindymaedesigns.com

    ReplyDelete