Monday, December 21, 2009

I made a Biscornament!

If you are wondering what a biscornament is....I was stitching an ornie from the 2003 JCS ornament issue, Winter Whitetail by Something In Common, and noticed it was square (well it stitched on point so strictly speaking it's a tilted square). I thought I'd try making it into a biscornu without the dimple in the center. Look.....it uploaded sideways but you get the idea!
It took me a little bit of time to figure out how to make both sides be right side up (the back is just my initials and the year), and it was a tad fussy on the whip stitching since the back stitch outer line was on the diagonal, but in general I love it! It really looks like an ornament, all roundish and such! I have decided to call it a biscornament, and will be going thru all the backlog of ornies waiting to be finished to see which ones will work for this technique....no diagonal ones this time, however!

10 comments:

  1. That's a really awesome finish! I would've never come up with something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really neat idea. It turned out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful and so different,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it - looks really cool! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent work! It really makes the ornie special, well done Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever idea!!! I really like it! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a good idea. It looks fab.

    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a fantastic Biscournament...love the idea and I love that chart too. I need to dig out my stash for that one for 2010

    ReplyDelete