Monday, July 4, 2011

Chinese Garden Mandala update...finally!

Whew!  The second part of Chatelaine's Chinese Garden Mandala took a bit longer than I thought it would...nearly two weeks!  I am really happy with the way it is looking on the black linen, as you can see...
Due to the black fabric, I made a couple of small changes...I left off the back stitched leaves among the yellow flowers because they just didn't show up well. Also changed the color of the darker green on the corner motifs for the same reason. Here is a close up of the piece from an angle....
Today is Independence Day here in the US of A, so I am stitching a new mini biscornu in red, white and blue! Hope to finish it tonight. Nature's fireworks outside...thunder and lightning...so I'm betting local displays will be delayed to another day. My pets will appreciate that...they don't like booms!  Hope everyone is having a nice summer (or winter if you are down under!) and getting lots of stitching done!

12 comments:

  1. Looking lovely. It looks great on the black. I am still on part one, but will get some more done at some stage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking great! Thanks to your angle shot, I can really see the texture on the cool lanterns!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks wonderful!!! I really like how it looks on the black fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks awesome. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's just beautiful Kathy, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous, love it on the black, which makes all the colors just POP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum!! Looks fabulous, Kathy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This design looks so wonderful on the black fabric. I hope you had a lovely time celebrating 4th of July. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Chinese Mandala looks great. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks so amazing on that black!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful!!!! One of my future projects. Am learning and looking at everything related to this project. Going to try it on a spring green colored aida.

    ReplyDelete