Thursday, December 8, 2011

Lots of smalls to celebrate!

November was a VERY busy month, and December is looking the same, so I'm posting a Happy Dance catch-up today!  I'm going to try and keep them in chronological order, so here we go.....

Early in the month I stitched the Mill Hill Buttoned & Beaded kit for the Gingerbread House, which was a birthday present for my DMIL Helen. I have given it to her so now I can post a picture!
The red frame is also from Mill Hill....what could be easier?

Next I stitched the last of the Val's Stuff Kitty Kalendar series for December. Stitched on a Silkweaver Solo on hand, and very cute!  Now that all 12 are done, I've got to figure out a way to finish them, possibly with only one small frame to switch them out every month.


Next is my November tiny biscornu, a freebie pattern from the Alexandrina blog Matrioshka Biscornu, the Acorn Biscornu and Scissor Fob set. I made the biscornu tiny by stitching over one and adding a leaf button. It is about an inch and a half across.

At this point I was on a roll when it comes to smalls, and decided to keep going because the month had been so busy with Thanksgiving and all, and the teenage boy kittens were getting too interested in my large Chatelaine on the frame!  Next up, the 1989 Schooler Santa from Prairie Schooler.....now I only have this year's 2011 Santa and beyond!

In a Christmas mood, I decided to get out the backlog of Just Cross Stitch ornament issues and stitch up a couple. These two are both from the 2004 ornie issue, Never Too Big, by Dragon Dreams....
...and Woodland Snowfall from Little House.  Hope to do a lot of ornament finishing in the new year!

Lastly, since I was going off to the JCS Christmas in Williamsburg Stitching Seminar I kitted up my December necklace fob and had it done in no time. The motif I used was from a pattern by Janie Hubble from the November issue of The Gift of Stitching online magazine. This is the smallest one yet, barely an inch across!  I added some beads and a tiny Polar Express bell to make it festive.

Now I am all caught up, and will post more later on the stitching seminar I attended with my friend Carolyn.
The class we took was with Barbara Jackson of Tristan Brooks Designs, and is a crewel strawberry needlebook and fob.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, Kat, congrats on all those finishes. Love the leave in the biscornu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, what a huge number of smalls! Congrats! Some day I will get to go to Christmas in Williamsburg...someday....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great set of finishes! Well done, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful stitching!! Love your biscornu necklaces!! So delicate and pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that all 12 teeny biscornu done now?
    Please may we have a montage pic of them all, pretty please? I've loved following your progress this year.
    Also love the Gingerbread Cottage and the Dragon Dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have certainly been a busy stitcher...and they are all lovely finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This could be one particular of the most beneficial blogs We have ever arrive across on this subject.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whether it's small or big, there are reasons to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete