Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A little reminder about Copyright

It's the middle of April and I am plodding along on my Chatelaine design, the Beaded Peacock Tile, and trying to find time to stitch up another Just Nan design for the SAL I'm doing....but wanted to post this as a reminder. The needlework world is again sending out requests to please respect the copyright of designers, DON'T share electronic or photocopies of charts and patterns!

http://needleworkcopyright.blogspot.com/2010/09/snowball-effect-of-copyright-violations.html

I have a few freebies here on my blog, please don't share them, but link back to my blog posts so they can be downloaded legally from me. Just because they are free patterns, it doesn't mean you can copy them and share the copies. I own the copyright. Send friends to my blog, don't share the charts directly. This is how I keep track of the number of downloads, as I am trying to start up my own design business. I use the info to see what is popular and what is not. I have not yet had anyone tell me they have stitched one of my freebies, or seen any pictures, so I have no idea if they are popular, all I can go by is the number of downloads.

Thank you for letting me stand on my soapbox for a while!  Back to stitching some lovely designs!

2 comments:

  1. Well said!

    I downloaded your dragon chart when it first appeared but haven't stitched it yet. I will let you know when I do, relooking at it today has made me want to stitch it now LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear Jo! I would love a picture when you have finished!

    ReplyDelete