Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Two more September finishes...

Finally found some time to post about my last two finishes in September! I'm blaming it on the new school year for daughter Kira, plus it's her senior year which means soccer practice, SATs, yearbook photos, homework, etc.--and I am trying to work out 3 days a week, and all the other stuff of life, including the new kittens! They are off tomorrow to be neutered and after that we can start letting them out of quarantine in the guest room!

At any rate, here are the pics, which I'm sure is more interesting than all that!
First is the final Micro design from Chatelaine--#04. It is stitched on 32ct Silkweaver solo with called for fibers and beads. It is the version 2 colorway except for the dark purple motifs which were supposed to be the darker pink. I wanted a bit more contrast so I just used the Purple Night Sky (personally I think is looks more very dark blue, but hey...) instead. Now all four Micros are done, and I have to figure out what to do with them!

I also stitched another state heart from Victoria Sampler's series, this time #21 for Illinois. Almost to the halfway mark on the 50 states!


I felt the urge to start something new for Halloween so now I'm working on a piece from Trail Creek, and hope to finish it soon so I can get back to my Chinese Garden Mandala.  Happy Autumn!

4 comments:

  1. That Micro is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing stitching in the micro design (chatelaine), stunning colors, and congratulations for the heart form VS, lovely..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Chatelaine is gorgeous and yeah for Illinois :)
    ~Vonna
    http://thetwistedstitcher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Micro and the colors in Illinois is great beautiful.

    ReplyDelete