Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow Day, New Start

In America today, we have a new start....a new President, and a new view of the world and what place we all have in it. Mr. Obama, we are proud of you and your family, may God bless you all and keep you safe. Appropriate now that here in NC we are having a Snow Day....clean slate, so to speak......and it feels like Christmas morning for some reason! I'm going to enjoy watching the snow fall, and watching history made on the tv, while I stitch away on my latest project. Life is good! Here are a few pictures of the view out my windows......
Snow covered front lawn

Lad, our collie, contemplating the snow!
(the cats are indifferent, of course)
Frozen Bird Bath

New Hope...daffodils peeking above the snow!

Many bird visitors!
I filled my new feeder on Sunday, and it's nearly empty...saw multiple birds visiting (this pic was taken from inside the house) including this Cardinal, Carolina wren and Tuffted titmouse. Also there have been visitors such as a female Towhee, a pair of Mourning Doves, multiple Sparrows, a winter plumed Goldfinch or two, and fast flying Chickadees. I'm sure there are more hiding in the bushes, so I'd better fill the feeders!
There are still snowflakes falling this morning, and it's 25 degrees F. Best wishes to all on this special day in America!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh....how beautiful is that. Seeing the birds right in front of your window. Hopefully for you (and the birds) the weather will lighten up soon. But still..watching the birds is always a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shots, Kathy!

    I hope you enjoyed the Inauguration - I made sure to be home in time to see the oath: he may not be my President (pity...), but it was such an incredibly important event.

    ReplyDelete