Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Speaking of Biscornu....

In case no one is aware of this, I confess an addiction to biscornu! Today I found a French blog I didn't know about that has many biscornu patterns for free, plus hearts and other small patterns. Her name is Francois Sablaise and this is the link to the Grilles gratuites part of her blog. There are four pages, and to access the graphs you need to click on the pictures, or on links under them. They are in pdf format. I don't know much French, but managed...need to find the comments link so I can thank her!

Yesterday I joined a Peacock stitcher blog here on Blogger (see my blog list) and started a hunt through the stash for peacock charts....also mined the internet for freebies. If you know of any good ones let me know! I probably have the vast majority out there, but.......(imagine a shrug smilie here!)
I have done a couple of peacocks from the Workbasket ladies, but have quite a few patterns in the stash, including TW, Chatelaine, Dinky-Dyes, Long Dog, etc. Sometimes I just get these obsessions and have to let them run their course.....DD's Shiraz Sampler is calling loudly and I am waiting for a new silk Jo cooked up that will be perfect! (blue and teal!).

Still working on my Holland Landscapes in the meantime, the right side window is filling up!
I'll be back with pictures once that is done, then on to the tulip topper on that window.

Oh, and I have a canvaswork piece all ready to start, probably later in February. It's Northern Pine Designs' Blue Bayou, and it's all in peacock blues and teals! Maybe that will keep me going until I get the silks for Shiraz! Wish there was more time in the day, or that I needed less sleep!

4 comments:

  1. What? You like biscornus? I'd have never known LOL. I got the rest of the stitching stuff for Ebb Tide - hope to start soon. Shouldn't take too long - love those colors. I can wait till you start yours, so let met know when! Love this blog you posted, too. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Biscornus are deceivingly addictive. You do one and think fun and easy then you start seeing squares everywhere...

    Welcome to the SAL!
    >^..^<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link to that side. There are so beautiful charts there. And you are right, biscornus can be quite addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great website! Thanks for posting the link!!

    ReplyDelete